Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Great Gatsby

 
Daisy and Gatsby
 
 
Gatsby, Daisy, and Tom

 
Gatsby and Daisy ( check out her mixed prints)
 
 
Runway inspired 1920's Fashion: Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Etro, Marc Jacobs

 
Ralph Lauren S/S 2012 Inspired by The Great Gatsby
 
 
Tiffany Headband made with diamonds and pearls wtih detachable brooch $75,000.
 
 
I am so excited that my new favorite movie The Great Gatsby is now available on Blu-Ray. I saw this in the movie theatre and I was so blown away by the story, the fashion, and of course LEONARDO! He was so awesome in this movie not to mention extremely handsome. I read the book back in grade school but never quite understood the characters or the story but this movie brought the book back to life for me. This book was made in the 1920's also known as the Roaring Twenties. This era is when the "Flapper" woman was born. This type of woman was known to be "loose" she smoked, she drank, she danced and she cut her hair. I mentioned I am in fashion school so every now and then I have to give a little fashion history ;) . Check out the movie if you love fashion ( the fashion in this movie is insanely fabulous) and a good love story...plus Leonardo.
 
 




2 comments:

  1. can's wait to rent the movie, I also love fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed. Thank you for the comment

      Delete