Sunday, October 27, 2013

Look who stepped in front of the camera!




 
 
Fashion Inspired by Art.
 
For this styling project, we honored the influence of art in fashion and paid homage to the upcoming Art Basel event in Miami. The assignment was to creat an accessorized head-to-toe look inspired by this modern art painting. My painting was called "Lovers in the red sky" by Marc Chagall. My inspiration came from the two lovers in the middle of the photo. I decided to go with a burlesque boudoir styling. I wanted something sexy and sophisticated. This woman is showing her lover the treat he has in store for him. She wants to give him a visual piece of art with her body. Instead of finding a model for this assignement I decided to step in front of the camera and play model, stylist, art director, and photograhper for the day..whew! I had fun but I really commend models for doing what they do. It wasn't as glamorous as it may seem. Standing, holding your pose, bending, not mention the wig had me sweating like crazy. Never the less it was a great experience and my Professor said she really liked my presentation on powerpoint. By the way my husband did approve the photo ;) Have a great week everyone and talk to you soon.

2 comments: